Spring is just around the corner and things are really starting to shape up in New York City…Brooklyn especially. From the copious amount of new clubs opening in the North, secret warehouse spaces in the East, or goings-on back in the city, it’s been quite the flurry. That’s not all though, Red Bull Music Academy is invading our area come May, and they’ve already tested the waters with several exciting NYC Boiler Rooms.
Our Brooklyn Bass parties are also getting crazier by the moment with an upcoming April 12th event at Cameo Gallery hosting EGYPTRIXX (Night Slugs), as well as my ‘BODY TALK’ series with Nooka Jones (Percussion Lab) continuing this Friday at Le Bain at The Standard with Justin Vandervolgen (Golf Channel Records).
I’ve taken a moment to mix together tracks I’ve really been feeling over the winter and into the new year. From Pitto’s pounding “Richklap” release on WOLFSKUIL Records to Envoy’s jacking techno classic “Sea Wall,” it’s an hour of tunes that visits contemporary Disco and House and chops in minimal gems of the past.
Evan Michael March 2013 Podcast
1. Razor-N-Tape - Never Give You Up (DEEP&DISCO Dub)
2. James Dexter – Forward
3. Pitto - Richklap
4. Niko Schwind, Lil Magdalene – We Are The Future
5. Terrence Parker - Love’s Got Me High (Marc Romboy’s Systematic Soul Dub)
6. Paperclip People – Throw
7. FCL - It’s You (San Soda’s Panorama Bar Acca Version)
8. Santos - Newyorkese
9. Envoy – Sea Wall
10. Ronan Portela, Ariel Rodz - La Ensenada
11. Ben Pearce - What I Might Do (Bonar Bradberry Remix)
12. Marlow, Comixxx, Knixx – This Is It
13. Be - All the Thrills
14. Justin Vandervolgen - Edit Channel XXX